Welcome!

I am new to the blogging community but, as my family tree has grown, I decided that this is the best way to share my findings and make new connections.
I have been interested in genealogy in about 30 years and have worked on it off and on during that time.

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Woodhead/Hollingworth Connection

For sometime now, I have been trying to find a connection between the surnames WOODHEAD and HOLLINGWORTH.
This started because of a list of birthdays my great-grandfather wrote up in a "Birthday Book" in the 1850's. His surname was Hollingworth. Scattered in among the Hollingworths and some other names I am familiar with, there are several with the surname Woodhead. I have not found any family members who know where that name fits in.
I have been searching on ancestry on and off for a few years but have really stepped up my search the past few days. I have found several records connecting all the Woodheads I have names for, but none connecting them to the Hollingworth family.
In the early 1800's, the many of the Hollingworths came to America but, apparently, the Woodheads stayed in England.
I will continue my search but am hoping this blog will help me get in touch with someone who knows of the Woodhead family.

No comments:

Post a Comment