Welcome!

I am new to the blogging community but, as my family tree has grown, I decided that this is the best way to share my findings and make new connections.
I have been interested in genealogy in about 30 years and have worked on it off and on during that time.

Saturday, September 3, 2011

Society Saturday

I am a member of the DAR, thanks to my paternal grandmother. She worked very hard in the early 1970's to become a member and I was then able to join using her research. I am working on another ancestor through my mother's line, too.
I am also a member of the DUV-CW and was able to make that connection on my own. It was quite satisfying to be able to discover information that our family had not known before.
Currently I am working on an application to the Mayflower Society.

No comments:

Post a Comment